08 January 2009

Top 10 Albums of 2008

As an amateur music critic, I present to you my list of my top 10 favorite popular music albums released in the year 2008:


1 – Narrow Stairs, Death Cab for Cutie 2 – Santogold, Santogold 3 – Tha Carter III, Lil Wayne 4 – Modern Guilt, Beck 5 – Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend 6 – 808s & Heartbreaks, Kanye West 7 – Partie Traumatic, Black Kids 8 – Rising Down, The Roots
9 – Third, Portishead 10 – Lupe Fiasco’s The Cool, Lupe Fiasco

If you (1) read this blog – which I’m not quite sure that anyone does, besides my parents – and (2) listen to contemporary popular music, please weigh in on my list or offer your own in the comments.

Musique: Kala, M.I.A. (which was atop my list in 2007)

1 comment:

Spedding into Technology said...

Abby, I'm reading your blog too...and I can recognize 2 artists on your list although I doubt that I could name a single song that either on sings....I guess that officially makes me old.