Things I learned from the Grammy Awards Pre-telecast:
1) Ne-Yo’s songs are written by a pair of lanky Scandinavian guys, who could very well pass as Bond villains.
2) Don’t accept an award for someone else or the Grammys will get pissy with you.
3) Unless Black Thought gives his approval, in which case they will let is slide, but don’t get cocky and try it a second time or they’ll get pissy again and let the robotic-sounding woman who reads the nominees cut you off.
4) Carrie Underwood is NOT Blair Underwood’s cousin.
5) Heavy D, who was both a nominee and a performer, is still alive.
6) Static Major, who appeared on Lil Wayne’s hit “Lollipop,” apparently is not.
7) The Blind Boys of Alabama are indeed blind (actually, I think this one is cheating because I believe I learned this a couple years ago at the Grammys, but it’s the kind of thing that needs reminding).
8) Daft Punk is a “he,” but Duffy is a “they.”
9) No matter how many times she does it, it will still be hilarious to hear robotic-sounding lady say “swagga.”
10) Who actually shows up to this thing includes the random selection of: Carrie Underwood, the bassist from Metallica and The Mars Volta.
Also, Danger Mouse got snubbed; he had an infinitely better year that Rick Rubin.
Musique: “Lost!” Coldplay